Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Made My List

Most of us after having eaten more than we should have during the holidays generally start a list of things that we plan to do better in the new year. That not only includes losing the extra weight that we have gained but bettering our spiritual lives as well. Yeah, I have started such a list, too. Some of our lists are mental, and some are physical. For what it is worth, I have been told and have found that when you write such a list down and put it in a prominent place to be seen each day, it helps with keeping a body on task as to the written goals.

My Goals


If the Lord wills one of my goals is to publish three books for this next year to include two ladies inspirational and one children's picture book (by request).

A goal that I set each year is to continue to do what I can, while I can in my service to the Lord. This next year, I want to do a bit more than I did this year. I do not know whether I will achieve those goals or not, but that is my attention.

Why More?


Why not more? The Lord has done and continues to do more for me each day because as this old body gets older, it takes a bit more to get it going and keep it going. Then, too, I know that I am closer today to my homegoing than I was a year ago. But most of all, I do more because I have shed the foolishness of youth and put on the wisdom of the aged. You know the adage, "When you know better, you do better."

Another reason I do more is to encourage by my actions those folk who are doing nothing and satisfied with it. All of us are getting old and building a legacy to be left behind. We need to think before we do or decide not to do things because impressionable folks, young, old and new babes in Christ are seeing what we do/don't do and thinking that what they see in us is okay for them, too. Do you want it to read at the judgment that you led a soul the wrong way?

At Any Rate


That is a topic for another day. Get your paper and pencil, computer or whathaveyou and start your list of good intentions.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment