Thursday, January 18, 2018

A Little Bit, a Big Bit

Joy is something that is hard to hide. If there is joy in a person's heart, you will be able to tell it. It might show in the twinkle in an eye, an ever-ready smile, the patting of a foot, the humming of a tune, the wearing of a huge grin, a bouncy walk, skipping, a jovial greeting, etc. But, that is something that is hard to have when life has a go at you, isn't it? Yes, it is, but the good thing about joy is that it is contagious!

So


One of the things that I have decided to try to do more of this year is to look for joy and happiness in the smallest things because the big things will take care of themselves. Here's is how  I propose to go about this:

  • Start by being thankful. (Being thankful helps you to see just how blessed you are.)

  • When I tend to want to whine, I am going to remember to just take a good look down the road.

  • Sing a song to myself. (It has been proven that singing naturally elevates your mood by producing positive hormones.)

  • Get a new potted plant.

  • Go for a good nature walk and take time to smell the flowers, literally and figuratively.

  • Look for the positive in situations not so positive.

  • Choose joyful people to align myself with.

  • Look for joy in all things then that joy will help others. (Folk will look for you just so that they can hear a kind word, see a smile, etc.)


By being joyful, I can make my environment a feel-good place for all to be in. It is hard to stay moody and mean around a cheerful and joyful person. As we continue to move through this year, let us spread the love by showing joy. Afterall, every little bit helps.

 

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment