Monday, January 22, 2018

Just Goes to Show You

[caption id="attachment_756" align="alignnone" width="188"] HIS Love Holds Me Fast![/caption]

Mid-January


And as things go


Nine days ago, we were the


Recipients of six to seven inches of snow


And today, with snow and ice one day gone


We have fierce winds and thunder, too


...Just goes to show you, GOD can do anything HE desires


Don't you know?!


********


 

I have been talking about Roman's 8:28, "All things work together for good for those who love the Lord." Whatever the literal weather brings, GOD is in control.  Then, too, whatever the weather of life brings, GOD is in control. That means, that as His children, we should not fret, but have an optimistic attitude about everything, knowing that, when any given storm is over, we, as the objects of His love, will be alright.

Remember a few days ago how I reveled in the snow that was sprinkled upon us from heaven? Yes, well, I reveled in the booming thunder and the howling winds that swept down through our little southern town, today. No, I did not want to run out in the storm like I did the snow, but I was reminded of His love for me and comforted by the thought of it. I knew in my soul that just like the ocean can roar, I have a Father, Who can roar louder than them all and Who controls the roars. I reminded myself of His fierceness and His tender love, all for mankind, yes me, too. Y'all, I wanted to tell the world that though men roar from their palaces and throne rooms, everything will be alright. We just have to believe. I believe in His love for you and for me. Do You?

We can do this 2018 thing. We can do it by taking one step at a time secure in the knowledge of His love for us.

So


Let's step, y'all, step, by step, by step, on our way home! Wow! Who would have thought that that thought would have been born from the ice, snow, rain, and thunder that we had within the past nine days?!

Don't forget what I have told you in every lesson in "Chopping My Row" and on practically every blog, BYDWP, "Begin Your Day With Prayer!" I want to add to that, a believing prayer. Then you will be writing in to me saying, "Grammy Alma! Won't He do it?!"

I'm done for the day! I'm going on somewhere and put my praising and thanking Him voice on!

 

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment