Tuesday, January 23, 2018

What GOD Has for Me, It's for Me.

The world said, "Don't you make straight A's."  It said, "Don't you dream too big and don't you do too well. You stay in your place."  I remember thinking, "My place according to whom?" I knew what Jesus had done in my life, and I knew that I never walked alone, no matter what the world thought. But sometimes in the loneliness of being the only girl in the family, the only child in an accelerated class who did not have both parents in the home, the first one in our homeroom to make straight "A's," etc. I was fearful and ached deep inside.

But, I did not let the fear nor loneliness stop me from striving to succeed. The more I was taunted about the things that I did not have or the ways that I did not measure up, the more I leaned on Jesus, thus the more I prayed. I can remember back when I first learned about Joseph and his brothers and later, David and King Saul and still later Elijah and how he had to hide from Jezebel. I found that these men were ostracized, too.

So


When you have to face various trials because folk are jealous of you for whatever reason, don't despair. Remember that you are not the only one that has had to go through such situations. The previous paragraph names, but a few Biblical characters that had similar problems, and you see how they came out, don't you? Just you remember that you are in good company and that you have a Shepherd, Who dearly loves His sheep. Walk on with confidence in the assurance of His love.

And


Dear one who contacted me today, be thankful that you have less than a week left. Put on a happy face, stay prayed up, and know that "God is laughing." (Psalm 37:13) Be blessed with a new wave of confidence and trust in God. You will be saying before long, "I know the Lord will make a way, Yes-s-s, He will!"

I purposely used incidents from my childhood to show you how long I have been walking with Jesus and trusting Him. Yes, He has brought me through some work related issues, too. As a matter of fact, this blog is a result of one of those issues.

As far as my issues with whomever or whatever in my life, I did not despair for long. I lifted the problem up to Him in prayer, and I stepped on. Sometimes I had to hobble, but I stepped on. Sometimes I had to crawl, but I went on. I realized several long years ago that, "What God Has for Me is For Me." Look at what Joseph said, "You meant it for my bad, but God meant it for my good." (Genesis 50:20, KJV) Another relevant scripture is Romans 8:28 which says, "All things work together for good, for those that love the Lord."

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment