Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Last of Love

I will stand on top of the tallest mountain in my world and proclaim my love for GOD because HE has already claimed me with love before men and will proclaim me as HIS own in the final judgment if I remain faithful. It just does not get any better than that!

The title of this blogging session can suggest several things, right? Yes, it can suggest a sweet parting that has to last for an extended period of time or forever. It can suggest a bitter parting that could be saying, "I gave my best to you, and you threw me under the bus!"

Never again, my friend


My love for you has gone cold


And the fire once ignited within


Me has repeatedly been doused


With the water of distrust and misuse


The light of love has flickered out


Due to your continued abuse


And cannot be rekindled again


This relationship has ended


Of that, there is no doubt


Sayonara, compadre


This conversation is over, and I'm out!


In the poem above, love appears to be very much absent. No matter what brought about the impasse (situation), the speaker in this poem seems to be set on not forgiving.

But


But if we turn the situation in the poem over in our Christian mind's eye, we see that there is much need and room for forgiveness. When we look at (Matthew 6:15, KJV) we realize that love is not dead yet. It can't be! Why not? It can not be because there is too much bitterness and pain wrapped into the poem, so much so, that there is no forgiveness. If there is no forgiveness of the person who committed the slights in the poem above, then there will be no forgiveness for the holder of the grudge. It's just that simple. GOD said so.

However


If we take the title and study it some more, it can mean, since you are God's child and I want to make my home with Him one day, I will forgive you. I will forgive you as many times as I need to, even if I have to do it from afar to keep myself from being preyed upon again. I will forgive you until my dying day because of a place that is being prepared for me where I hope to go and stay. The speaker in this poem is saying:

I love me, so I have to love you, too


No matter what you did or what you  do


I love me too much to give up heaven


Because of the likes of you


For when I look at the situation


I see some of me in you when I remember


That You are but clay and I am a clay pot, too.


The quotation that opened this session today spoke of love for GOD and the love of GOD. The speaker said that the presence of the love of GOD in his/her life is the motivating factor upon which all decisions, acts, and words are based. The quotation says that GOD's love is the be all and end all. Some kind of motivation don't you think?

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment