Saturday, February 24, 2018

In Thee, Oh Lord, I Put My Trust

The title of the blog today are words that I heard my mother speak to God many times during my eighteen years under her roof. I heard her speak them so many times that when she did, I would go off in a corner by myself and pray to God for her. She spoke those words at times when she was bothered about the rent being due or when the lights got cut off. Sometimes the lights got cut back on, and sometimes they did not. But, through it all, I learned to be a praying child, and I am a praying adult today. I learned early on that God will hear prayer. I learned that though the answer to the problem that I brought to Him was not always immediate, I learned that as long as I had told Him about it, the worry about the problem would cease to exist anymore.

My momma also said those words before every meal that she ate.  My mother taught me by example to persevere. She taught me that things would work out in God's time, not mine. She told me to hold on to His hand no matter what, and that is what I did as a child, and that is what I do as an adult. He has been faithful to me, y'all. Having said that, I will leave you with two small poems for the day.

In Thee, Oh Lord, I Put My Trust


A poem of praise to the GODHEAD


From a little speck of dust


In YOU, I put all of my trust


To prosper and protect me


Wherever I am lead.


********



Renewal


Prayer renews my strength


Day by day


As I struggle to walk in


This Christian way.


When you have been in


Prayerful contact with God


There is a serenity that holds you


No matter where your footsteps may trod.


         -excerpt from DEI Sub Numine Viget


********


I hope that the fervor that I have used in discussing prayer this month has made you want to get on an intimate basis with God.

After today there will be four more lessons of recap on prayer, and then this series of lessons will be over. In March we start on another subject.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment