Saturday, February 24, 2018

A Prayerful Sunday

Always ask for the building up of your faith daily as you begin your day with prayer. (BYDWP) If you happen to be going through something that is distasteful or unpleasant, don't despair. Instead, remember that nothing last forever, not even trouble. This trouble, too, shall pass.

A Prayerful Sunday


Today is the Lord's Day


And I know what I am going to do


I am going to attend worship and pray


And praise and thank Him for all


That He has brought me through.



And while I am there, I am going


To pray for our leaders and for our country, too


And pray hard for world peace


And for all of the war talk rhetoric to cease.



Going to pray that hate be harnessed


And that the seeds of love be released


And carried far and wide


To take root in the soil of human souls


So that malice, envy, strife, and hatred


No longer exist to give birth to cruelty


Mass killings and such like


Gonna pray that this world's leaders


Be given a ride on the rails of peace


And that they are no longer governed by nationalistic pride


But governed, instead, by love for all humanity


For which the Savior died.



And one last thing, I'm sharing this prayer with you


In hopes that you will join hands with me


As we collectively knock on heaven's doors


And push our urgent but humble prayer through.


"Father, heal our nation and heal our land


Because You are faithful, Father, and we know that You can."


********


Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment