Friday, February 16, 2018

Mean Spirited People and Prayer

When dealing with mean-spirited people, it is necessary always to have a prayerful spirit. You see, if you have a prayerful spirit, then you will always be close to the Lord. You might even wake up some morning praying.  And that is okay.

Yesterday, I posted something on my Twitter page concerning not sowing any more seeds of hate. There were three replies that called it "dung." They did not use that word; they used a more coarse word choice.  And that is their prerogative. But, you know folks, the world has been trying to silence me for a long time, and I am just not giving in. I have a philosophy like Joseph of the Bible had and I have set it out in the poem below:

 

Oh no! Meant for my bad


But brought about good


And she stepped on


For the Power behind her steps


She understood.


(Genesis 50:20,


Romans 8:28, KJV)


********


I do my encouraging because of what the Lord has placed on the inside of me, and I make no apologies for it. If my blog touched a small nerve of regret concerning your lifestyle choice, then good. All hope is not lost for you. Reach back and find those simpler days when you were not so caught up in hatred. Reach for the love that the Lord has for you and embrace it. Will this blog or any blog cause all mean-spirited people to change their ways? No, it will not, and we know this because the Lord has said to let the tares grow along with the wheat and at the harvest time, He will do the separating. That is good enough for me. I just have to make sure that I stay on the course that He has put me on, and continue to uplift people's spirits.

I can do that by being prayerful in my own spirit. And having said that I invite you to go with me to our Father's throne this morning. Y'all, bow with me please:
Father, we come acknowledging You for Your lovingkindness, Your justice, and Your righteousness and we thank You for them. We love You and have tried to tell the world that we do, but some of us have faint hearts, teary eyes, heavy burdens or troubled spirits, and wounded and  weary souls  right now. Father and Lord of all Creation, please alleviate all of the pain, faint hearts, cares, and fears of us, your children.

We ask a special healing blessing upon the parents and relatives of the victims of the school shooting down in Florida. We ask that you grant the entire state of Florida and the nation that sweet peace that surpasseth all understanding like You have done for so many of Your children before. Please make us all see the presence of your love through the simple beauty of nature that you have surrounded us with. Make us know, Father that as long as grass grows green, that you are still in control and that you will make everything alright and that you will give the bereaved families the tenacity and perseverence to go on in the assurance of Your faithfulness and Your love.

We thank You for Your 'Spirit that intercedes for us with groanings that cannot be uttered." We are in such need right now. In the name of Jesus, we pray, Amen.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones
 

Went by the meeting house today


Went there in turmoil


Had things that I needed to say


Came away from the meeting house today


A stronger person having gone to pray.


          -adapted from "Chopping My Row"

No comments:

Post a Comment