Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Plans for Me

We have seven more days in this month, and then this series of lessons on prayer will be over. Having thought about how to end this series of lessons, I decided to give you a little bit of my foundational belief in God. So, for the next three days, I am giving you Lesson 1 from my latest book, "Chopping My Row." I am not giving it to you because it is mine, but because I know the joy, inspiration, and encouragement that people tell me they get from it. This book is the essence of my mission of being an encourager, which, as you know, is why I write a blog. (Isaiah 50:4, KJV) Enjoy the excerpt!

LESSON 1: Plan for My Life (Proverbs 19:21; Jer. 10:23)


Aim: To become mindful of the fact that our faithful Lord has a plan for our lives and to use that knowledge to deal with whatever comes our way.

To realize that, though I may make plans for my life, ultimately it is not up to me; it is up to God.

Song – “Ultimately”

 

Because I know that He has a plan for my life, I can be happy. I can get immense pleasure out of simple joys and simple gestures of love and care. I know; I know...I plead guilty to being a rose-tinted glasses wearer. (Tee hee)

 

Plans for Me


When I think about the fact


That You have plans for me


It makes me want to run on


And be the best that I can be.


 

It makes me want to step high


And then step higher still


It makes me want to encourage others


To get to know You and to always do Your will.


When I think about the fact


That YOU have plans for me


I get a buoyancy in my step


That is easy for all to see.


And YOU know what; I don’t care that they make


An example out of or make fun of me


Because I am striving to please You, Jesus


Whether through precipitous winds or calamity.


For I know to trust in You, no


Matter what comes my way


Because I know that about what


Happens to me, You have the final say!


Psalm 5:11-12


Proverbs 19:21


                                         (excerpt from W.O.W. created w.o.w.)


 

 

 

 

 

A Plan


GOD (my beginning)


Love (crafted in)


A Plan


Care Packages (to sustain)


Love (gathered back with)


GOD (my ending)!


(excerpt from W.O.W. created w.o.w.)


 

 

 

The aim of this lesson means that I don’t get unduly bothered by things that change because I know that, though I make plans, it all depends on the will of the Lord. That has not always been the case with me. I had to learn to expect change because that is the way that the Lord set things up. God does things per a plan and according to Jeremiah 29:11, He has always had a plan for us. He put that plan for our lives in place a long time ago.

 

So, what exactly is a plan? A plan is a detailed method for achieving an end. It is a detailed formulation of a program of action. So, to me, this means that GOD decided what would happen first in our lives, what would happen next and so on and so forth. You know this is so because you were born; you grew up to become an adult; you grow old (become an elderly person) and then you die. (Hebrews 9:27)

 

That is the plan for our lives; that’s the general plan. Change is built into the plan because if it were not, you would stay a baby. Now, we don’t know the specifics that the LORD has put in place for our lives, but knowing that HE has a plan ought to give us, as HIS children, reassurance. We will talk about children in just a minute but what I have said so far will start to help to keep your faith in HIM strong.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

If you believe that He is the architect of the plan for your life, then perhaps you will go a step further and engage Him in prayer. You will be blessed when you do try Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment