Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Sweet Peace, Perfect Peace

The one thing that has gone with me on all of my travels in life is prayer. Have found that though situations change and people change (come and go), God has been my constant through prayer. That is why I always tell you to BYDWP (Begin your day with prayer.) I get up with Him in the mornings, and I take Him with me when I lie down to sleep at night.

I know that He is with me wherever I go because He has told me so. He has allowed me to get close to Him and allowed me to stay close to Him. That is why I don't worry much about given situations. I have learned to give it over to God and let Him handle it. I know that He loves me and I know that His shoulders are broader than mine. I further know that when I whimper, He knows. Know that when life brings me to tears, He knows; when I laugh, He knows; when I get exasperated, He knows, etc. He sees and knows all about me and continues to sustain me and bring me unsurpassable peace in all situations. That's the God that I serve. That is why I received a homespun "Pollyanna Award"  from the writers' group that I am a part of. That is why you might hear me singing the words:
Get your time in-n-n, it's praying time. Get your time i-i-n-n, it's praying time. Oh hallelujah! It's praying time.

And if you should find yourself in a situation where you rushed into your day and did not get your praying time in, don't fret. You don't have to be on your knees to pray to God. You can pray wherever you are and in whatever situation you are in.  If you find yourself on the bottom of the ocean, you can pray from there. How do I know? Jonah did, didn't he? Uh hum-m.

Therefore


When life throws me several curve balls, and I feel overwhelmed, I reach back into my arsenal of faith, and I use my well-used tool of prayer.  I know that God sees, knows and cares all about me just like a mother does with her newborn child. When I go to Him in prayer, He never turns me away, even when I have not done all that I should have. All I have to say is, "Father, please forgive and help me."

Let me tell you something. I never go anyplace without the Lord. That is why I have practically made a song out of BYDWP.  Let me put it in different phraseology. When you go into the day without prayer, that is like a soldier going into battle with nothing but goodwill. Can you imagine David going up against Goliath without the Lord, but with only goodwill?! Ha Ha, I think not!

And Now You


Just as my mother had me to build my life around prayer and my Gran Gran underscored that practice for me by stressing the importance of reading my Bible, I am doing the same for you. They both knew that one day, maybe after they were gone life would have a go at me. And they were right. You see, this praying person has known poverty, faced traps set by enemies, been the victim of racism and jealousy, etc. You are reading the blog of a person who has been the recipient of answers to prayers prayed, to name a few:

  • Prayed the way out of poverty

  • Prayed the way past racism

  • Prayed the way over traps

  • Prayed the way past the limits that another's jealousy would have set

  • Prayed for by the saints (Prayers of the righteous availeth much,  James 5:16, KJV)


Lastly


As I have said many times before, "For peace that surpasseth all understanding," (Philippians 4:7, KJV) get your praying time in.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

image1.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment