Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Prayerful Eyes

If you look around you with prayerful eyes, you will see, evidence of prayers being answered concerning the great and concerning the small. Do you remember when there were wildfires burning in several states, and when there were several hurricanes heralding toward the United States at a fierce pace? That was a time of collective praying, wasn't it? Sure, it was. That was a time when everybody who wore the name Christian remembered 2 Chronicles 7:14, KJV and acted upon it. Nobody had to tell us to begin our day with prayer or to remind us to pray. We woke up thinking about the situation and uttered a prayer right then, often before rising, didn't we?

But When I


When I wanted to despair like a lot of others, my faith told me that if I just did like David said in Psalm 27:14, "Wait on the Lord," that everything would be alright.  So, I prayed, and I waited.

Then, Too


Then, too, I knew that God would handle everything because when I looked back down through the years of my life and remembered that I had had my share of doubts, fears, troubles, and valleys to go through and hills to climb. I remembered that through it all, God brought me and let me know that when I got too tired, He was with me and that the reward in the afterwhile would be worth it all.

He still does that for me today. What I am saying to you is that, when you have to shed some tears, keep your hand in His hand and everything will be alright. And whatever you do for the rest of your stay on this earth, don't ever quit praying because, as you can see, it works. Remember, "Faith retained - Blessings rain."

I hope that I fulfilled some need for you and that I gave you something to carry with you through your day.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment