Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Why Do So Many Witnesses Say It Is So?

"Ah-h, prayer - how important is it? Does it even work?  Why bother? These are all questions that have been asked with regards to prayer at various times in people’s lives. I do hope that when we finish this, those of you who believe in prayer will be buoyed up further in that belief and those of you who do not believe in it much or perhaps not at all will be willing to give it a try and be able to say, I prayed about it, so I  am not going to worry anymore about it." (Chopping My Row, p. 101)

There are certain folk that you can be around, and you will hear them talk about the Great God that we serve and the mighty benefits of praying to Him. Too, there are certain Biblical characters that come to mind when prayer is mentioned. The Bible is full of people who kept their belief in God during hard times and showed that belief by demonstrating a prayerful life and by talking about GOD. You may have friends who laugh and joke with you and have fun, but when things get serious, and trouble comes, they turn to God in prayer and are not ashamed to let you know it.

If


All of these people would not be touting the benefits of prayer if it did not work. This prayer thing has been passed down from generation to generation! There must be something to it. David was a man after God's own heart, and he was a strong believer in prayer. Daniel was willing to brave the lion's den because of prayer. I, who asked the Lord when I was a little girl to allow me tobe somebody one day am a strong believer in prayer. I mentioned in the last couple of lessons some of the things that I went through as a child that make me know that prayer works. I had heard my mother and some of the older folks talk about prayer, but oh, now! I have my own story to tell.

Why do we keep saying that prayer changes things? We keep saying it because it works and we know what life can do to a child of God if he/she is not strong! We keep saying that it works because we know how we were at our ropes end and how the words of some older saint or some Bible character gave us hope enough to try prayer.

And


When we got that first prayer answered to that problem that we thought would break us, we were hooked. We realized what the old folks and the saints from the Bible had been going on and on about. We had a gold mine, so to speak! Yes, folks, we were hooked on prayer. You can read about this in more detail in Chopping My Row, pp. 102-108.

Tomorrow, we will take our study on prayer a little further. By the end of this month, it is my aim that you be a praying person if you are not and a stronger praying person if you already are. It is my aim that your trust and love for the Lord will have grown to the extent that you would stand on top of the tallest mountain in the world and proclaim His love for mankind and your love for Him!

One Last Point


If you already know how valuable a relationship with God is, then you ought to tell somebody. Share that love because the world is hurting for lack of knowledge of God and His love for mankind.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment