Sunday, February 4, 2018

A Look at Prayer

Prayer took a little nothing from nowhere and gave her a song to sing and a story to tell. I was born in Memphis, Tennessee, but as far as Memphis was concerned, I was of no particular value. I mean, my mother was a single parent, and we were not well-placed with regard to land nor money. Right? No, not quite. You see, you never know what plans the Lord has for you. Remember, He wrote the plan book for your life, and you have only glimpsed the pages that you have lived thus far. But the Lord knows the plan book from beginning to end.   He knows what is coming up in your life and when.

Case in Point


Let me tell you a little something that happened to me about three months back. I had just finished doing a ladies' day at a congregation, and when the program was over, people formed a line and stood there waiting their turn to hug me, shake my hand and offer platitudes. Even little kids came up to me. One little baby came up to me and just squeezed my legs. She just squeezed so hard and held on. She held on long enough that I began to wonder and her grandmother looked at me in amazement.

And I have had people to stand in line at several places where I have spoken to shake my hand. The first time that it happened, I was taken aback. The next time, I was slightly less taken aback and more introspective. You see, y'all; I am living today the prayers that I prayed in the yesterday of my youth when I asked to, "Be somebody one day." (Chopping My Row, p. 81)

Tomorrow


In tomorrow's blog, we will entertain this thought: "Why Do So Many Say It Is So, If It Ain't So?"

So what we have to do is trust Him to take care of us in our needs.   And how do we show Him and the world that we trust Him? By living a prayerful life is how.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment