Monday, March 19, 2018

"That Book" Did It Again!

People came back from a recent retreat with renewed enthusiasm! That is the purpose of a retreat and ladies from all walks of life took advantage of it. It is always good to hear of women having a good time in the celebration of their Christianity. And though I did not get to attend this retreat, I benefited from it, as well.

How?


Well, let me make a long story short. At one of the women's conferences that I had attended earlier in the year several people bought copies of my book, Chopping My Row. Well, according to a person who attended the conference that I mentioned in the paragraph above, there were displayed several gifts for people to come up and receive as prizes, etc. One of the prizes that was being given was, you got it, "That Book!" Someone asked if they had ever heard of Alma Jones and several ladies spoke up and said, "Yes." Then one went on to say that I was an excellent speaker. And another piped up and said, "And girl, you ought to read her book!" Somebody else said, "I have read it, and I personally know Alma Jones, and I just love her and that book of hers!"

My Point?


When you give your all to the Lord, He will have folk speak for you, even when you are not around. He had women speaking for me on behalf of my book. Now you know why I said, "That Book" did it again. It was not the book really, but the glory of the Lord shining through me via the writing of the book. You see, when I started on the book all I had was the "want to" that the Lord had placed there. He took my, "want to" and made it work for me so that I could work for Him. Halleluia! What a wonderful God we serve.

That sort of reminds me of Joseph. The Lord had something that Joseph had done (which the Lord had given him the ability to do)  to cause a man to speak for Joseph when Joseph was not even present. The result was that the king sent for Joseph. Y'all know the story:

  • Two men had dreams and Joseph interpreted the dreams.

  • King had a dream and man remembered Joseph and told the king about him.


Huh?


What I am saying is that if you are working for the Lord, He never ceases in His efforts on your behalf. He is working when we are sleeping. We do not have to be present to have the hand of the Lord working through other folks for us. I just gave you a good case in point if what happened with my book, Chopping My Row.

And I will tell you something else, I am humbled and awed by the touch of the hand of the Lord upon the success of "That Book."

To God be the glory!

Humbled, awed and serving by Chopping My Row in the Lord's vineyard,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment