Thursday, March 22, 2018

Using Words for Good

Those of you that have been reading my blog for any period of time know that I am a strong proponent of using encouraging words to help another along this path of life that we all walk, so much so that I have quoted Isaiah 50:4 many time to you. As I was reading my morning meditation book, Power for Today's devotional for the day, I was thunderstruck that the author's viewpoint was the same as mine on this subject! Therefore, I am going to reprint a good portion of it for you, today.
Apparently, Job had cultivated the habit of speaking kind and encouraging words to others and this helped them to rally their faith, hope, and courage to face the variations of daily living. Cultivating the habit of speaking words of encouragement, words of love and words of faith could equip us to face whatever the future may hold for us and help to silence the negative-talking Nellies all around us. (Edward L. Kirk, Power for Today, 2001) 

Having said that here is a prayer for you today.
Heavenly Father, help me to speak words of encouragement, love, and faith to those around me that they may a sustaining force both to me and to those who hear them. In Jesus' name, Amen. (Edward L. Kirk, Power for Today, 2001) 

Keep seeing the bright side of things and keep trying to encourage your fellowman. God sees and knows your work and applauds it, according to Isaiah 50:4.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment