Saturday, August 29, 2020

To My Friends


For those of you who called (call) yourself my friend,


For those of you who took (take) the time to be kind,


For those of you who sent (send) smiles my way,


I thanked you then and I thank you now


Because you gave me the impetus to be strong


And I used that push to help another


As I walked along.



You made it possible for me to do what I could while


I could in my service to GOD, and for that I thank you -


For the great things that, so many years ago,


You planned on my behalf


Though they did not come to fruition,


Just know that I appreciated the thought


And walked forward with the mindboggling


Kind words and plans uppermost in my mind


That you had wrought.


 

And so, dear friends, it is my wish and prayer


That you are blessed today


For the true kindness that you,


With abandon, gave away


And that you will always find peace


And GOD's help with your every care.



So, folks, if you are of the caliber that gives smiles


And kind words away


Keep doing those things that you do


Because your acts of kindness


Are appreciated by weary souls, but most of all


Will bless you during rollcall on that Great Day.©


********


Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment