Monday, April 2, 2018

Doing My Job

I have a job to do, and periodically it behooves me to share with others why I do what I do, why I feel driven to persist in talking to you. I never know why I write what I write on a given day; I just write what my muse places on my heart, and I know that there is someone out there in this vast world who is helped by the words of inspiration that I pen. Everything that I do in this life of mine is geared toward, "Chopping My Row" for the Lord. Having said that, here is a poem that I penned for you today. Enjoy!

No matter what you see when you look at me


I am what God made me to be


I do what He sent me to do


As I live my life here below


And I will leave a legacy of inspirational words for you


When I am called back to my home above


-A legacy of words reminding you of God's love.


I shared His love with you as a teacher


Shared His love with you as the wife of a preacher


Shared His love as a speaker of ladies' day events


Shared His love wherever I was sent


Will be active in sharing until my sharing days are spent.


(So You)


Share to make a difference in somebody's down hour


Because you never know when one well-placed word


Can make the difference between despair and persistence


Causing someone to shine for Jesus by opening up like a flower


And show the world the awesome results of God's caring power


By not folding in upon himself/herself, but remaining dejection resistant.


(Say Again)


Tell your story, sweetie, and tell it loud and long


For the telling of your story may be the catalyst (tool) that


Causes someone to persevere and be strong!


 

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment