Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Every Now and Then

Every Now And Then


Every now and then
Assurance drops in to visit me
She says that she comes to make
Sure that my stockpiles are not empty.


She checks my larders for the product there
And tells me that she finds that stockpiles are fair
Then she smiles at me with a sly grin


And tells me when I have time to take a look within.



After she goes on to the next person on her list


I check the larder and see that she has with


Her usual flair, done things up with a twist.



I see that the bin of faith that was half used up


Has been refilled to overflowing


And the vat of hope that was nearly full has been topped off


And a new one added beside it that has rounded sides bulging


And the seeds of love have been added to and newly restrung


And are blinking and beaming with secrets they are not yet divulging.



I just love it when assurance visits me because she


Leaves renewed faith, hope, and charity in her wake


And I am encouraged afresh to keep my story going strong


In love for my fellowman's sake.


 

Doing What I Can, While I Can by Showing My Gratitude Through Caring,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment