Thursday, April 19, 2018

Hold On to That Dream

 

 

 

If you have a long-time dream
That the fulfillment of it might seem
To be something that was born in the mind
Of a child and not something that
In the goals of a practical and level-headed
Adult, you would find
Just remember that the God we serve deals in
The fulfillment of dreams of the impossible kind.


The picture that I have attached to this blog is only one of the dreams that I have carried with me for years. It's my harvest time now, and I am gathering a huge crop.

I attached it to say:

"If you are having a hard time holding on to  your dream


Don't give up because winning may be closer than it seems."


If you take a closer look at the picture, you will see that there is a sunburst in the top portion of the picture and there is a sunburst on the book, Chopping My Row. What that says to you is that the idea of the book is something that I held in my mind a long time. And it is the culmination of my prayerfully asking for God's permission and help in bringing the writing and the publication of it to fruition. You already know a portion of the story. The rest remains to be seen...

You did notice that I did one particular sentence in green, didn't you? That is simply to emphasize the fact that I painted the dream of the book green and I stepped on. What does the previous statement mean? Easy, it means that as long as grass grows green from season to season, God's creation is still going as He planned and He is still in control!

I cannot tell you over the years how many problems, situations, enemies, dilemmas, etc. I have turned over to Him. But I can tell you this, He has never left me alone, even when I would despair. He always and I do mean always had a ram in the bush then and now, for He does watch out for and take care of His faithful own.

Gratefully lying beside the peaceful waters of my Shepherd,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment