Monday, May 7, 2018

Blessing of Mothers

There was a song that I heard a choral group do several years ago that had these words:

Lord, I want to thank You for my mother


For when You gave me my mother


You gave me a part of You


Lord, You knew that when we


Had lost all others


That we could always count on our mother


So I want to thank you Lord for mothers


Such as this.


Mothers have a blessed place in our hearts. And while I did not write the words to the song above, the words ring true for me, as I am sure it does for most of you. And that is one of the reasons that I have dedicated my blog for the rest of the week to the subject of mothers.

It has been said that "The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world." That is a true statement. And if you go to my Twitter site you will see that I have as a logo, a mother's hand holding a tiny baby's hand. That shows you the weight that our mothers carry in shaping our lives.

And as usual, when you read the pages of this blog, you will see that I am using this opportunity, as my mother's daughter, to brag on God. (Jeremiah 9:24)

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because, As My Mother's Daughter, I Care,

Alma L. Grateful Carr-Jones

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment