Sunday, May 6, 2018

Ah, Mother

Ah, Mother


You cradled me in your body


Nine months long


You held my hand with love


Until I learned to walk on my own.


You taught me about life


And how to find my way


You introduced me to your God


A Friend, Who would care for me


So that I could have hope


When life and time parted our ways


And I had to face your dying day.


Ah, Mother


I now walk on my own


But I carry the strength you gave me


When you told me of the God, Who loved me


And because of that, I can be strong.


Ah, Mother


Because of the love that you've shown me


Each smile I give or each kind deed that  I do


Precious, I share with this world


A little bit of the sunshine that was you.


And now that I'm grown


With children of my own


I teach them the melody of you


So that they, too can learn to sing


The essence of your song.


So man, woman, boy or girl


If your mother still graces


This time side of life


Don't just wait for Mother's Day


But love and treasure her


Like the jewel that she is


While you can still feel her


Tender touch and warm embrace


And she is only a "hello" or phone call away.


 

The poem above is one that I composed this morning in memory of my Momma, Lula M. Carr. And yes, just as the poem says, her melody sings to you with each blog that I post.

You should not wait until next Sunday; go ahead and start today. This Sunday morning, if possible, surprise your mother with a visit to the worship and act upon her slightest whim. Trust me; you will be glad you did when her life wattage has gone dim.

 

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because My Momma Taught Me to Love God and He Said to Love You, Too,

Alma L. Grateful Carr-Jones

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment