Saturday, May 12, 2018

I Remember Momma

 

I Remember Momma


I am just a country bumpkin


Still holding on to the standards


With which I was raised


My Momma was a godly woman


The Lord be praised.



Since my Momma was a preacher's daughter


There were certain things that she did not condone


And would not allow her children to do


For when we did she would give us a look


That would chill us to the bone.



Found myself thrust into a situation


Last night that made me cringe


And I thought to myself, "You


Know your mother would not be


Comfortable with the mess that


You have been put in, for she


Would say, "No, no, daughter, you


Are standing too close to the fringe!"



So, what I did was remember to whom I belonged


And I upheld the right and shunned the wrong


And held my head up for all to see


The Spirit that dwells inside of me.



Remember your Momma and always strive to make


Her proud of the things that you do each day


By living for the Lord and being a shining


Example of love along the way.


 

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Grateful Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment