Friday, May 11, 2018

She Took Time and Patience Then

She Took Time and Patience Then


She took time and patience then


So that I could begin my walk and


Take my stance among men.


She taught me my ABC's


She taught me to tie my shoes


She taught me to be polite by


Always saying, "Thank you" and "Please."


She took the time and patience to


Instruct me in the things that she


Thought I needed to know


In essence, she gave me the tools that


I would need to carry me where I would go.


Yes, she prepared me for this life


And for the day when she would


Leave me to walk solo


The day when she would no longer


Grace this world below.


Yes, she left me alone


To continue to chop my row


As on through this life, I go.


She took the time and patience then


And I took the time and patience when -


Now looking forward to one day seeing her again


My beloved Momma, my earthly best friend.


She never expressed disgust or showed impatience when she was trying so hard to teach me to learn to tie my shoes or when she was trying to teach me my ABC’s. I remember struggling so hard to tie my shoes and practicing and practicing. I never will forget the day that I manipulated those strings and, Voile! I got a tie. I went running to find my Momma so that I could show her what I had just done. I think I ran so fast because I wanted to find her before my hand forgot how to do it. At any rate, I ran smack dab into her with a woof! She shushed me and asked me what had me so excited that I had slammed the door when I came into the house running. I was grinning from ear to ear, and I said, “Momma! Momma! Momma! I can tie my shoes.” She looked at me with a twinkle in her eye and said, “Show Momma.” You know it was show time then, right? I stuck my tongue in the corner of my mouth, and I tied my shoes and looked up at her to see how she was looking and what she was going to say. She said, “Uhm hm, now show Momma again.” She looked at me and then said, Momma is proud of you because you are Momma’s big girl now. I tell you, folks, I basked in the glow of those words and others of like ilk that she said to me even to this.

You see it was like I told you Tuesday, she colored the glass through which I view the world. She colored them with love. And in answer to the innocent question that I asked her about magic beans and getting a doll lite Rita got? She gave me Something much better than any old bean or doll; She gave me Jesus.

She equipped me for life with and without her. She gave me a Friend Who could be with me all of the time, even when she couldn’t. And that Friend, y’all, I carry everywhere I go.

He was with me when I went to the studio and did my interview on the radio yesterday. Yes! You heard me correctly. I interviewed on the radio yesterday, and it felt great! I felt on top of the world when that radio announcer pulled that big microphone up and the interview began.

So, what does my radio interview have to do with you and your mother? Well, here’s the deal. If My Mother had not taken the time and patience to teach me and push me to be all that I  could be in Jesus’ name, then I would have given in to the naysayers a long time ago. And you would not be reading from my blog now because there is always somebody that wants to shut you down. But because I had a godly Momma who loved and cherished me, I use that teaching to learn more about this living that we are doing so that I can share that love with you. You see, when I share her love with you, I am sharing her love of the Lord which is what she was all about.

So


Since your mother takes the time or took the time and patience to teach you and nurture you, take time for her now. It’s quite simple, really. It’s all about showing love. We have spent almost nine days discussing mothers, and for some of you, that might seem like a lot. But remember the nine times umpteen days that she spent on you and your welfare. She certainly deserves more than one special day of your care. Why, because the jewels of mothers of this world are rare.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Had a Caring and Teaching Mother,

Alma L. Grateful Carr-Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment