Monday, May 21, 2018

The Monsoon Season

I was talking to a woman in the store today, and she mentioned the fact that when she lived in a certain part of Venezuela, there was a monsoon season and it rained about the same time every day during the season. They knew the time of the rain each day, so they planned their activities around it. Be that as it may, wouldn't it be nice as Christians if we knew when our monsoons would be upon us?

Yes, it would be nice, but if we knew that we would not be walking by faith as much as we do now. If we knew the time and the duration of our stormy season, we would plan for such. But, since we don't know, we have to trust in the God of creation to help us to make it through our storms.

Like Domesticated Cattle or Sheep


They tell me that when a sheep gets lost or a cow gets stuck in something and cannot get out that the cow bellows and the sheep baas. We ought to be like the cows that bellow or the domesticated sheep that baa for food. When we have a storm or a problem we ought to go to our God instead of despairing.  We need to remember that He is the Ultimate Shepherd.

So


I don't know when my monsoon will come nor how long it will last. But I do know who made the monsoon and who controls the wind and waves, etc. In short, I know the Lord, and I know that He cares for me. So, I have no need to worry and no need to fear. I just have to remember that though I am a frail mortal, I have a Father, Who can do all things. There is nothing too hard for Him. And then, folks, I step on.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Grateful Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment