Friday, June 1, 2018

In Thee

Whew! This week has brought back memories of when we first had a new baby in the house and had to do everything around its schedule. Sleep when it sleeps, do chores while it is awake and occupied with its rattle, swinging in the swingset, etc. We have our daughter, who is special, back with us and finding time for writing has been an arduous task. (You might not think that having an adult daughter who is special, but can read, is verbal and is mobile is a problem. I stand before you to say, "Oh yes, it is!" Why? Well, when I write, I go into a zone and see and hear, basically, nothing. I had gotten used to doing that since we had had an empty nest for so long. Suffice it to say that you don't go into any type of zone with my special daughter in attendance! That is a no, no!  We will leave it at that. But, by the grace of God, I have still managed to get some writing done.

Empty Nest


It was fairly hard for us when we first allowed our daughter to go to a group home. If I had not been a faithful Christian, I would have worried night and day, non-stop. We had to get used to not having someone underfoot all of the time who needed our attention and monitoring. It was particularly hard for me in my role of protective momma bear.

As it was, I managed to back up and leave everything in God's hands, and things worked out nicely, until... Yes, things went nicely until a new person moved into the girl's home. Then trouble began in earnest.  My daughter became the target of this other lady, and we were having a time of it. The daughter that was so proud to be on her own was not so proud anymore.  She stayed in a state of turmoil quite a bit of the time. There was usually a major flare-up each week involving this other lady.

 

After the last flare-up, we decided to go and bring our daughter back home until something could be worked out as far as keeping the two of them apart.

The writing this week has welled up from


A stream that runs deep within my soul


To remind me that tilling and weeding my row


Is the way to reach my heavenly goal.


No matter how men may posture and rage


Is the part that I play on this world’s life stage.


Have had to remember to Whom I belonged


When I was being thrust under the


Microscope of this world's throng.


I've been done right and  been done wrong


But I maintained my trust in Thee and waited


For Your intervention in my life  as I extolled


Your praises by telling my story and singing my song


And say to You determinedly, "In Thee, oh Lord, I put my trust."


********



Singing


You already know that I sing a lot around my house, right? Well, one thing that I did not tell you about my singing is that when my daughter is having one of her super mad sessions, I can start singing and she will calm down after saying a few choice words more. So, you know that I have been singing quite a bit this week. Oh, another thing about my singing, I had to learn not to use certain words in the songs that I sing and have learned to sing some of the songs she wants to hear, too.  Its called trusting while being flexible and surviving.

 

Doing What I Have to Do, While I Can and Stepping On,

Alma L. Caring and Grateful Carr-Jones

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment