Thursday, July 12, 2018

Glorious Wednesday Finale

This is the final portion of the tale that I started telling on my birthday. Other chapters will be written, but that is a story and an application for another day.

Momma sarcastically said, “And just what would you do, Miss Smarty?” I told her what I thought was a solution and it worked. She got to where she would often ask me what I thought about certain things and I would tell her.

Years later she would laugh and tell me, “Child, when you “squinched” those eyes together like that, I knew to get ready because a loo-loo was coming! Umph, Umph, Umph! Something’s been trying to get your attention all your life. Umph, Umph, Umph!” Then she would look at me like I had grown another head or something. Ha, ha We laughed about my strangeness then.

And Now


On this birthday of mine, I have given you a snippet out of the life of Alma. My Momma has passed on to the other side, but she left me some valuable assets. She left me with a love for people and a love for the Lord.

Now y’all know I always try to make an application to situations that I bring up. So, today’s application could be one of the following:

  • Trust in the Lord at all times. He knows where you are going before you get there. And He will guide you.

  • When trouble comes hold on and learn whatever lesson you can from it. It will pass.

  • Everything happens for a reason and God knows what it is.


Be blessed, y’all. I’m going to take the rest of the day and read a good book because I did not get to read my book yesterday. (Tee hee) If I were able, I would probably go on a safari ride in Africa, travel to see the Holy Land, go to watch glaciers calving in Alaska, or go to visit the Grand Canyon. (Tee hee) Since I cannot do either, read a book it is. After all, that's just the way that it is. (smile)

 



Do you see what my daddy walked away from and my Momma's little girl grew into? That is why you will often hear me referred to as a rose tinted glasses wearer and I do not mind. It's the wearing of the rose-tinted glasses of faith that has kept me close to God, the source of my strength and of my blessings.

Final Point


Daddy left me by choice; Momma had to go, but God kept little Alma through it all and He is keeping me still as He orders my steps. And He will keep you, too dear friend. Until next time, be blessed.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Grateful Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment