Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Oo-wee! Glad That’s Not Me

Good morning! I thought we would open our study with a perusal of the life of Joseph, owner of the coat of many colors, from the Bible. You know that Joseph was much loved by his daddy, Jacob, right? Yes, he was loved so much that his daddy had him a coat of many colors made. Nice gesture, don’t you think?

What’s Jealousy Got to Do with It


Y’all know the story, so I won’t prolong it. (Genesis 37, 39, 40 & 41) But I will tell you that Joseph has a special place in my life and always has. Why? Well, I can identify with him. He had dreams at night as a child, and so did I. He was the victim of jealousy, and so was I (and some of it still exists to this day.) The names and faces have changed over the years, but the problem of jealousy still exists. But that’s alright because I know that God is. (Romans 8:31)

Joseph’s brothers were so jealous of him that they planned to kill him. But, it didn’t happen like that because God had plans for him. He was sold into slavery, but that was God’s plan all along. I remember being oh so sorry that that had happened to Joseph. But so, so glad that it was not me. I was so glad to have a Momma who loved me that I ran inside from playing one day to tell her that I was glad she was my Momma. (She looked taken aback, but I found out later that she puzzled over things I said and did quite a bit.)

Remember Joseph had dreamed of life down in Egypt before it ever happened.  Yes, folks, I was like Joseph in that I dreamed things happening before they did. How? Why? I told y’all my Momma often told me that something had been trying to get my attention all of my life. I don’t understand it, and that’s okay. I just accept the fact that I am a bit strange. That is why I am driven to write for you. There is something on the inside that is like fire, and it is lessened when I encourage you by my writing about the goodness of God.

Joseph was thrown into prison unjustly. But that worked out as well. God used some of the dreams that he had while in prison to get him out. Never forget how he got the ability to dream of the future in the first place. God was in the plan, and He made Joseph do like cream and rise to the top. 

So


Have I had my trials, tribulations, and troubles? Yes, I have. I cut my teeth on folks being jealous of me, but I never thought that people would go to the lengths that some of them have. But God is in the plan, and sometimes He uses what man has determined to be your undoing to make you stronger and more adept at the job that He planned for you all along.  If you believe that God loves you, you can take some heat. You deal with the trouble and keep going just like Joseph did because you know that God cares for you. (1 Peter 1:5-7)

My Attention


God has my attention now, and I use my life to inspire and encourage my fellowman. I do it by writing, speaking, being friendly, doing philanthropic acts, etc. I have learned through some of my troubled times that my life is not all about me. It is about learning the lessons that I am taught and applying them as I live my life for Him in doing my work toward encouraging humanity.

If you seek God daily, then your faith will grow during your trials. Can you ever have too much faith? No ma’am and no sir, you cannot. Remember, I told you that faith is priceless.

Tomorrow, we will take a look at Moses, Daniel, David or the three Hebrew boys. You can read up on their stories tonight if you would like. Be blessed! And I will end up discussing one of the many times that the Lord has shown me favor just when it looked like all was lost. I learned that with God, “All is never lost.” He just does things in His own time. So, until tomorrow, I will be holding on to my faith and stepping on. Have a great day.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Jones

Christian Author/Poetess/Motivational Speaker

The footsteps of faith from the past have charted


My course from which I have grown


And have made me into a wiser being than when I started


And have me looking toward the future...


All from the past that I've known.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment