Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Trust Him

I said I would talk on the subject of, "God Does His Best When We Are Tapped Out." I will tell you what I mean by tapped out in a few seconds, but first I want to share with you what I put on my Twitter account yesterday. I put these words: "God said to trust Him and I will because this will not be the first mountain that faith has moved." By the preceding statement, I mean that there is a situation that seems to be impossible to work out. The impossible situation could be anything that a person has worked on and worked on until there is nothing else to try. The person could have exhausted every avenue and knows that there is nothing else to be done about it. The previous sentence tells us what tapped out means, done all you could do, tried every way possible and know without a doubt that, "That's just the way it is."

"That's just the way it is." I heard those words often as a child, but I never gave up on something I really wanted without asking the Lord about it. I never told my Momma that I had prayed about an impossible situation, but I often did. I prayed and then I waited on the Lord. If the situation worked out, and it did often enough, I knew that the Lord had answered, "Yes." If the situation did not work out, I knew that the answer was, "No or not right now." I had enough seemingly impossible situations to be worked out so that my faith and trust in God grew by leaps and bounds.

I hope that when this series of lessons is over that when you are confronted with an impossible situation that seems to have no solution, that you try praying to God and see if your faith does not grow by leaps and bounds when He delivers you. If the Lord wills, we will begin a three or four-day study tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment