Monday, July 2, 2018

Surprise, Surprise

I received two surprises yesterday and here is how they came about.

Yesterday we celebrated the 43rd anniversary of the Old Fulton Rd. Church of Christ located in Martin, Tennessee. There were people there from out of town who were members before life caused them to relocate. It was good to see all. God is good.

As far as the title of this piece, I was asked to sing a song yesterday and I managed to hide my surprise and was not much nervous at all. I took myself on up front, made eye contact with my audience and connected my heart to theirs through song.

I have always wanted to sing, and people have told me often enough that I can sing, but it didn’t settle into me until yesterday when I had to sing a song on the spur of the moment and didn’t have the words written down. And, as I mentioned above, there was very little nervousness. What exactly were my two surprises, you ask?  Well, as a husband and wife team, my husband and I have an agreement that he will never ask me to sing or do anything in public before he has forewarned me. He totally ignored that rule yesterday. And my second surprise was that I was not nervous much at all about having to sing without having my song written down. Y'all, usually, I am so nervous, that I will forget the words if I do not have them written down. Yes, I enjoyed my two little surprises.

No, I am not the best singer around, but the Lord didn’t say that I had to “be” the best, He just said do my best. And that is what I attempt to do each day of my life.

Y’all be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment