Monday, July 30, 2018

To God Be the Glory Finale - Order My Steps

 

As I told you in my book, “W.O.W. created w.o.w.,” God does not do things by half-measure. I had several epiphanies throughout the writing of this book. During one such epiphany, when I was enthralled by my Father’s workings, I penned these words:
When I think about the favor that God has placed on my life, I can’t help but
marvel at the fact that the GOD, Who orchestrated the cosmos; the GOD that initiated this thing we know of as time and placed a limitation thereon; the GOD that one day will usher in eternity; takes the patience and places HIS omnipotent eyes and ears on a tiny speck of dust called Alma, I am agog! ‘What am I that THOU are mindful of me?’

He has shown His love for me in so many ways and I just want to love Him back. When He gave me the words to write in my inspirational book of verse, He didn’t stop there. He gave me scriptures and questions for each poem in the book. And you are correct in surmising that He didn’t stop there with the book. He gave me a design epiphany so that I had a breathtaking cover. Little did I know it at the time, but He had planned for me to do an inspirational book based on this book of verse after I finished the next inspirational book that He had me working on. That book was Chopping My Row. There is no need for me to put a picture here because it is already listed in my list of books on this blog of mine. I did not think that I had anything else in me to write about concerning His love for us and my love for Him after I finished “W.O.W. created w.o.w.” But I was wrong two more times.

So, Now


As I work the work that He has for me to do, I realize that with each phase of my life, my life mile marker moves a little closer to my final trek that will take me to Jesus' throne. And when I get there I want to hear Him say, “Well done my good and faithful servant. Enter into the joys of the Lord.”
Because I want to be pleasing to Him in my work, I ask Him to, “Order My Steps.” I ask Him like the writer of the 119th division of Psalms did in verse 133.
133Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.

With those words, I am asking the Lord to touch me so that all that I do will be pleasing in His sight.

If you get the chance, go to YouTube and listen to a favorite song of mine. The name of the song is, “Order My Steps.” Here is one of my favorite verses:
Bridle my tongue, let my words edify
Let the words of my mouth be acceptable in Thy sight
Take charge of my thoughts, both day and night
Please order my steps in Your Word
Please order my steps in Your Word

Then the song goes on to say, “I want to walk worthy, Jesus, according to thy will.”

The verse above is one of my favorites because I have been given the gift of using words. I want to speak and write to the good of my fellowman about the generosity of and the love that our God has for us.

Be blessed, Y'all and remember, you are never alone because He cares for you.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Carr-Jones

Christian Poet & Author

 

No comments:

Post a Comment