Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Saying "Thank You"

Just as the love of God is spoken of throughout the book, “W.OW. created w.o.w.,” so is giving thanks to Him. In the 50th Psalm, verse 23, we see just how much giving thanks to the Lord means to Him.

Those who bring thanksgiving as their sacrifice honor me;

to those who go the right way I will show the salvation of God.”

If you will look at other versions of the Bible and how they word this same passage, it might be helpful to you. So, this shows you how the Lord likes thanksgiving or showing and saying that you are grateful for His love and care. You get more blessings by being grateful. Why, because He loves you anyway and wants to have cause to bless you.

Most people never give it much thought, but think about it. When there is something that we want from the Lord, we ask Him repeatedly don’t we? Sure we do, and what do we do when we get it? Yes, we thank Him in our prayers maybe once or twice, maybe a few more times, but then the novelty wears off and we rarely mention that particular thing anymore. 

But you know just like the Lord told us in Jeremiah 9:24 that He likes for us to brag on Him; here again, He is telling us what He likes. 

Jeremiah 9:24 but let those who boast, boast in this, that they understand and know Me, that I am the Lord; I act with steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth, for in these things I delight, says the Lord.

It’s a simple thing to delight the Lord, especially after all He has done for us. Think about it. Bragging on Him and thanking Him delight Him and He will respond accordingly. 

Isn’t He great, Y’all? And now you know why I will not stop talking about His love for us and will not stop thanking Him. He is my all and I am telling the world just that. You do the same and curry more favor with Him. You know that He loves you, so show Him and the world that you love Him.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Carr-Jones

Christian Poet & Author

No comments:

Post a Comment