Monday, August 20, 2018

A Speck of Dust Speaks

Good evening, folks,
This is one of those days that I wanted to say, "Thank You," to the Lord. Do you ever have those times that you just want to acknowledge Him for His love and power? If you do, then you know how I am feeling just about now. I invite you to go with me to His throne for a brief moment.
Father, this little speck of dust wants to thank You and praise You for You. You have been carrying me for a good many years and I thank You. Even when I did not do as I should have, you blessed me anyway and for that I thank You. You love me with a love that is indescribable and for that, I shout to the world about You. I shout so that I have invited some of my blog readers to join me in this prayer of thanksgiving and praise.

I will not make this a prolonged prayer, but I wanted to finish it up by telling You that I am proud to serve You.  Here is a poem to finish my prayer:

Thank You for everything, especially for the


"Care packages " that You have sent to me over the years


That put a new smile on my face and stars back in my eyes


To the extent that they showed through my tears


And to the extent that the tears of pain and sorrow


Became tears of relief and joy as only a care package


Receiver can know.


You are awesome Lord, and I just wanted to tell You so.


********


From a speck of dust to the Creator of us all,


Alma L. Jones


Christian Poet & Author

No comments:

Post a Comment