Tuesday, August 21, 2018

The Home of the Wind

I was sitting at my kitchen table after having just finished dinner and I turned my head absentmindedly to gaze at the late afternoon sky. A shrub just outside my window began to gently wave in the breeze and that gentle waving broke my reflections about places here and there. And made me think of the source of the breeze and a scripture came to mind. Which scripture? The scripture that came to mind is the one where, "...the wind in His treasuries,” is mentioned. Psalm 135:7 There is another scripture that alludes to the treasuries or storehouses of the Lord. (Job 38:22)

I think that we will talk about that scripture a bit more on tomorrow, but for today, it is enough for me to know that the gentle breeze that captured my attention has its home in heaven. It made the journey just to say a sweet, "Hello," is the way that I like to take my active writer's imagination and view it. One thing about it, no matter how you view the situation, it came from heaven to visit me during a moment of quiet reverie.

Just Think About It


The God that we serve keeps the wind among His treasuries! The wind, folks, the wind! If He keeps it among His treasuries, then He knows what it looks like. W.o.w., I have never seen the wind, have you? I wonder what it looks like?

Remember that poem that we learned as kids, a portion of which reads:

Who has seen the wind


Neither you nor I


But when the trees bow down their heads


The wind is passing by.


(Christina Rossetti, 1830-1894)


What a mighty God we serve, don't we?!

Oftentimes in awe and wonder,

Alma L. Jones

Christian Poet & Author

Something to Think About


The place where the wind hails from is the place that we may get to call home one day, if we live right. Forever and ever with our Lord, my, my, my...

No comments:

Post a Comment