Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Against the Day of Trouble

Good evening. Yesterday I said I would talk a bit on the scripture, Job 38:22. That is the scripture that talks about the storehouses of the Lord that He has in waiting for the day of trouble. When I read about the storehouses of the Lord, I thought about Him doing battle with Pharaoh and some of the other enemies of God’s people, Israel. I remember the scripture where the Egyptians said, (paraphrasing here) “Let us run because the Lord is fighting for Israel. That is the passage where the Egyptians were down in the sea bed and the wheels came off of their chariots. There was to be no escape that day.

And I remember how the word went around the other enemies of God’s people and the enemies were afraid to bother them. Uh,humm-m, then moving come forward to today, I know that whatever comes up against His people, the Lord is prepared. I remember the storehouses and I get gladdened within my spirit.

So-o, I have determined that when my enemy seems to get the best of me, it is only because there is a lesson in it for me. Then I think like the Hebrew boys, “If the Lord doesn’t deliver me, it’s not because He can’t.”  I remember the storehouses that my Father has and I step on. You see, I know that my redeemer liveth and that He cares for me. 1 Peter 3:12 & Job 19:25. 

My Point

I am spiritual Israel.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Jones

Christian Poet & Author

To Think About

  1. What is meant by the sentence under, "My Point?"

No comments:

Post a Comment