Thursday, August 23, 2018

From the Ground

My having been reared in Memphis, you would think that I know little, if anything, about raising vegetables and you would be correct. But earlier in the late spring, I had my husband to plant some cucumber seeds. I watched the ground throughout the summer and today, I got to sample that fat little cucumber that grew on the vine! It was tender, succulent and tasty. I sprinkled it with a little vinaigrette mixture that I made and I was in farmer’s heaven! That fat little cucumber was grown by my hand, well at my insistence, anyway.

If it is the Lord’s will, I will have cucumbers, green peppers, jalapeños, and peperoncino next year. Well, okay, I might not do that much. Tee hee But I will have some bell peppers, red, yellow and green and onions.

You know what I say, “Thank You for having the ground to produce for me and thank You for giving me the simple joy of growing tiny green cucumbers. Only you can give joy with punishment and a lesson taught. I love You.”

Point to Ponder

1. What do you think is meant by the bold print statement that begins with, “Only?”

1 comment:

  1. Linda Loving God loving life CarrAugust 23, 2018 at 2:08 PM

    Hey Cuz, ain't nothing more tastier than home grown vegetables.Keep up the good work Miss GreenJeans:)

    ReplyDelete