Friday, August 3, 2018

My Momma Told Me

My Momma told me when I was young to always keep my hand in Jesus' hand. She said,"Alma, this Christian race is hard to run but, never forget to take Jesus with you everywhere you go. Y'all I heeded that advice and still do to this day. Do you know why? He won't leave me alone, ever! He has proven Himself time and time again.

And that is why, like I told you yesterday, the Lord is my Hero. If my fingers get too careworn and cannot grip His hand anymore, He holds me fast anyway. I am so glad to know that His strength begins when mine ends. Here is a little verse that I whipped up today to say to Him and to the world, "God be thanked, You live."

Jesus, when I fell into the trap that was made for me


You came with me to break my fall, and I thank You


You used the debris of my broken faith that was in shards


Around me to build my foundation anew


And now like the phoenix, I rise just as You told me I would do


So, Lord, thank You for giving me a Momma


Who, though she is gone, taught me


To always stick with and believe in You


Because she knew that You would always bring me through.


Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Carr-Jones

Christian Poet & Author

No comments:

Post a Comment