Saturday, August 18, 2018

The Biggest Question

The biggest question has to be, why


It seeks the answer to reasons that


Make men laugh or cry.


It is a question that men have asked


Down through the ages and yet


Often when the answer is supplied


Up pops the natural successor, how


But, I have learned to be satisfied with, when


Because it answers the question as to what


Will be and to what has been


Wonder when that will be enough for mortal men?


********


Good morning. I felt the need to be a bit philosophical this morning. What does this poem mean? Oh, it can mean several things, but to set your mind at ease, try this on for a sizeful meaning:

He was responsible for my beginning


And has already set in place the date for my ending


I just have to get this living and loving thing right


In preparation for the appointment date with, when


And looking forward to or dreading the land that


Has stopped the kiss of time and where through


All eternity my spirit will be spending.


********


Be blessed.

Alma L. Jones

Christian Poet & Author

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment