Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Can You Say Hello

Hello! I was reading my Power for Today devotional book this morning and it was talking about the week preceding Jesus' death. The article went on to talk about how Jesus went from being adored to being degraded. You might need to read the 12th chapter of the book of John and see what I mean. Thank you, Danny Mize, for a great and thought-provoking article.

When I took the time to read the 12th chapter of John, I thought about how much the Lord loved us then and now. He suffered so much for us and all that He asks in return is that we serve God and be kind to one another. He certainly gave us a fine example of being kind.

In our society today, we are so caught up with doing our own thing that sometimes we forget the simple act of saying hello. If that is all that I can do for Him then I can, at least, do it well.

But I will tell you something that most of you probably already know. If you start with being kind and saying hello to your fellowman, so many things will leap out at you. Why, because being kind covers so many different things. You spend a little time tonight thinking about ways to be kind and tomorrow, I will show you where being kind and saying hello has gotten me. Until tomorrow, then...

A Very Successful Christian Poet & Author
Alma L. Jones

I will explain the words in green to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment