Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Very Successful

Yesterday I told you that I would tell you why I had, "Very Successful" written in green. The words, very successful, themselves have a clear meaning so why the addition of the green color? Also, I told you yesterday that I would tell you about how my being kind impacted my life.
As usual, when I want to make an application of a particular point, I ask you to walk with me as I stroll back down memory lane for examples. Today's topic is no different.

From as far back as I can remember, my Momma always told me to be respectful and kind to elderly people. In my child's mind, being kind and polite to them meant that Jesus would bless you because He was happy with the way that you were treating His special people. Then too, I reasoned within myself that the elderly were special to Him because He had allowed them to live a good long time. (Ephesians 6:3, 1 Timothy 5:1, Isaiah 46:4, 1 Peter 3:10)

I can still hear some of the elderly ladies that I used to go to the store for, or sweep for, or hold the door for, or carry groceries in for, or say hello to, etc. exclaiming over how helpful or well mannered or respectful I was.
Little girl, you will go far! You are so kind and respectful. You watch what I tell you, You will go far!"

Of course, I thanked them and skipped home with a smile and told my Momma what they had said when she got home from work. But I do remember reasoning within myself that I was not going to mess with His people and have Him to get mad at me. Nuh uh!

Galatians 6:7 and Ephesians 6:8


Both of these scriptures say pretty much the same thing. If you want kindness done to you then dish out kindness to others. I remember, as a child, how special I felt when someone would do something to me or for me unexpectedly. I felt that it was God helping me because I tried to do the right thing.

So


I set out to do the right thing and apparently, I succeeded because I have been blessed abundantly on my life's journey. I set out to please the Lord and He has blessed for it. Just take a look at some of the ways that He has blessed me. He let me:

  • Be a college graduate

  • Be a highly acclaimed teacher

  • Be a public speaker

  • Be an author

  • Be a poet

  • Enjoy cooking

  • Enjoy crocheting and so forth.


Now I did not mention those things to brag on myself by saying that I do them well. I have been allowed to be successful in the things mentioned above, but it is not me that does it. It is the glory of God shining through me. Let me explain. When I look out at this earth that we inhabit, I see the green trees and the green grass that He has carpeted it with for my little feet to walk on. As long as the grass and trees are still growing green from season to season, I know that God is in control. So, using my green letters is my way of saying, "By God's Grace," or DEI Sub Numine Viget (Under God's Spirit I Flourish) and at the same time giving praise to my God. Yes, I do like Jeremiah 9:24 says and I brag on Him.

Tomorrow, I will tie it up in a neat package for you and leave you with another blessing from my blog via inspiration from the Lord God. I will tell you why I chose to mention those blessings above and not some obvious others.

Blessed and Favored,
Alma L. Jones
Christian Poet & Author

No comments:

Post a Comment