Monday, April 20, 2020

I Will Trust in the LORD

 

Whatever
Whenever
Wherever
However
I Will Remember that My Beginning, Before I Was Formed, Was Written In GOD's Plan Book and Folks, I step on!
I can step past whatever, whenever, wherever, however, and whomever because I travel the road called ultimately. That means that

  • When I have to cry, I step.
  • When joy overwhelms me, I step.
  • When I am beset by enemies, I step.
  • When the beauty of a mountain drive enthralls me to the extent that I have to stop and stare, I step.
  • When, when, when, when, When, I step!

And do you know why? Of course, you don't; I mean, you might know why you step, but you don't know why I step. So, I am going to tell you.

When I opened my eyes this morning, the first thought that popped into my head was, "Trust in the LORD." So, as is my custom, I went to get my Bible to continue my walk through Psalms. You know that yesterday, I cited Psalm 138, verse 8, which says:

Psalm 138:8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Lord will accomplish what concerns me;
Your lovingkindness, O Lord, is everlasting;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands.

Now, let me show you the beauty of the LORD's working in my life. If you have been keeping up with my blog, then you know that, here lately, I have started a couple of sessions with the words, "I wonder..."  Uhm, hmm, well, I had been wondering about something very strongly and about how I could get my message into certain boardrooms in a more powerful way. Yes, I always use the avenue of prayer, and for a while, it seemed to be working, but then... Well, you know how life goes; something goes awry, and things go back to square one or, seem to get worse.

BUT, oh no, not this time! Before I could get to my Bible reading this morning, here is what happened. Let me show you the beauty of things when GOD's angels walk the land. Y'all are going to love this! As I said above, I had been wrestling with how to make an even more impactful statement than I had already sent up in my prayers, and was vexed that the progress seemed to stop. Ha, I need not have worried because  I heard one of the most powerful men on the planet speaking my words from his mouth as if I had written the script for him! I did a doubletake, and just stared open-mouthed at the television while he ran down through my train of thought, even putting anger and voice inflections where I had in my diatribe with myself!!

Somebody just said, "Say what?!" Yep, you heard me correctly. That is what happened. So, with that, I went on to read my Bible and take my walk through Psalms, all the while, puzzling over the coincidence of hearing my words (voice inflections included) coming from somebody else's mouth on the television screen. Then I opened to Psalm 139 and got goosebumps. I mean, this was a scripture that I knew well, in fact, had included in my book, From the Tallest Mountain in My World.

Psalm 139:1-6, 13-16 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

1 O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.
You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O Lord, You know it all.
You have enclosed me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high, I cannot attain to it.

 

13 For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.

From reading my Bible, I realize that all positives and negatives in my life mean that JESUS, in HIS infinite wisdom and care, strategically weaves the pattern of my life so that all things fall according to HIS plan. And I am moved to tell HIM, "Thank YOU, great LORD, for YOUR love and care, and I will remember this fact as I continue to step on."

Forward I Go

Jeremiah 29:11 and Psalm 139 have let me know

That You have already made plans

For me and armed with that

Knowledge, it is forward that I go.

I see in nature when I look around

That you never leave situations to chance

For Your meticulous preparation

Can be seen throughout all creation

You plan things down to minute details

And because of that fact, I get assurance

And armed with the knowledge of Your love

It is on down the row that I go.

When I think about the fact that Your

Omnipotent hands fashioned me in my work

In the way that You wanted me to chop my row

I get renewed vigor and tenacity

No matter what is thrown at me by my foe

And it is with relish that I tell the world

My God loves you and me and this is a

Fact that I know

For knowing that I am a part of His eternal plan

I chop the weeds that are on my row

Whether they are tall or high

It is with determined tenacity

That I, with my eyes on my Father work my row

As toward the eternal city, I go.©

(excerpt from Chopping My Row by Alma L. Jones)

********

Never forget that you are still in GOD's hands...

No comments:

Post a Comment