Saturday, April 11, 2020

Until

 When GOD's angels walk the land

To carry out HIS commands

I am reminded of just how helpless I am

And that I exist because HE holds my hand.

18,000 souls was the total number

Of deaths given yesterday

And I was troubled to my core

And thought, "GOD help the USA

Can we stand much more?"

Then I read Psalm 123 and said

"Before YOU, FATHER, I have no pride

Because my life, to YOU, is a book open wide

And by YOUR laws I try to abide

But the assault of this virus brings to mind

Horrors read of concerning World War II

And while I know that our saving grace

Is dependent upon YOU

FATHER, when I saw the pauper's graves dug

With wooden body-filled casket boxes

Lined up side by side

My soul wept with horror as soul tears I cried

And I came running, in my mind, to YOUR side

To say, 'FATHER, please stay YOUR hand

And take the Covid-19 Virus away,

Yet, not my will, but THINE be done

But, please be mindful of us vessels of clay

And strengthen us for the days to come.'"

"For I know that when their work is through

YOU will tell YOUR angels to stay their hand

And I thank YOU for being mindful of the fact

That we are depending on YOU

As we run to shelter under YOUR wings

While YOUR work is being done and

Hatred, malice, and greed are driven from our lands.

And we know that this blight, too, shall pass

And that, with the tenderness that only YOU can give

We will be tended and comforted as we

Walk on and, for YOU, continue to live."

To America and the world's lands

We will make it because GOD in Heaven

Holds our hands.©

(Based on Psalm 123:1-2)

********

No comments:

Post a Comment