Sunday, April 12, 2020

HE Got Up

 Joy is mine

In the time of trials

Or sorrow and woe

Because I have a SAVIOR

WHO got up one day, you know.

Visited by sorrow

Sickness or pain

But, because HE got up

I shall have joy again.

HIS love for me brought

HIM down from glory

So that He could rewrite the

End of my story.

And while this life, at times, may

Bring me sickness and grief

I know that this is temporary

Because I'm going home one day.

And when I reach up

Into my arsenal of faith

I can don my mantle of joy

That this world cannot understand

And I can strut my stuff

As I prate about my GOD

WHO loves me from on high

And is preparing for me a

Home in the sky.

HE loved me so much that HE

Got up when HE conquered death

And told me that HE would

Come back to get me before HE left.

So, I can walk among chaos

And what have you

But nothing can take the anticipatory joy

That reigns in my soul with the

Knowledge of my GOD's love

And I know what it is to

Have hope that the world cannot take away

Because HE got up and HE's coming

Back for me one day!

And whenever hopelessness tries to assail me

I remember that the GOD WHO got up

Reigns in victory

Moved Heaven and earth because He loved me

Walked down through the cosmos

Spoke to winds, shut up the sea

Walked on water, etc. all because

HE said HE would meet me in Gallilee!

 

My hope remains in the LORD! And if you shake me until my head flops like a ragdoll, I'll still be mewling to my GOD. And when HE decides that enough is enough, I would hate to follow in the footsteps that some men have trod, for, after all, GOD is GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment