Friday, May 1, 2020

Holding On



 

Isaiah said, "They that wait on the LORD..."

When you have been waiting for a long time

Waiting when others had lost hope

Waiting, even when others ridiculed you for waiting

When you have been waiting for that long

You will not be hushed

And you will not be shushed

Because your soul has to magnify the

GOD of your salvation

And you have to proclaim to every nation

"I told Yall; I told you,  "If you just hold on

GOD will show you and the rest of the world

Why HE is called the ROCK, WONDERFUL

COUNSELOR, PRINCE OF PEACE!"

And you know what, folks, sometimes the

Naysayers that used to ridicule your faith in HIM

Will join you in your praise and exultation

And want to surpass you in jubilation

For one thing about it, when GOD has

Walked you through some traps and storms

You'll remember from whence HE brought you

And you will always remember the lessons

Of trust that HIS carrying you taught you

And you will stand up against "the throng,"

And say, "I want peace just like the next man

But nobody, but nobody  is going to

Hush me and shush me

And stop me from singing my song

Because I serve, THE MIGHTY GOD, WHO

Has shown me time and time again that HE can!"©

(Based on Isaiah  25:9)

********

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L Stepping On Carr-Jones


___________________________________






No comments:

Post a Comment