Sunday, May 31, 2020

My Conveyance of Choice



"The heart of the righteous ponders how to answer...things." (Proverbs 15:28) Having been given the gift of words, I have to be careful about how I use them. This gift was given to me to encourage hearts that may get weary from time to time. As I walked through Proverbs this morning, there were several pieces of fruit that seemed practically to want to land at my feet or were easily within reach.

But, I didn't choose those pieces because

I had to consider the needs of the folk

That I am preparing a meal for today.

And after prayerful consideration I

Chose to take my blog another way

And choose pieces of fruit that are

Not as easy to prepare and put on a serving tray.

Since I  an avid believer in prayer

I made sure that I chose pieces of fruit

That encapsulated that belief, so

One of the pieces that I chose was

The latter part of verse eight, which says

"...But the prayer of the upright 

Is GOD's delight."

Using my words, (which are a big part

Of the life that I live) for the good of all

Means that I must make timely comments

Because I travel a path that leads upward

So I don't give in to negativism's call

And since as a righteous woman I'm striving to live

My best thoughts to my fellowman I try to give.

Here is a piece of fruit that seems to

Take center stage on my tray

"But HE hears the prayers of the righteous."

And with that thought uppermost in my mind

I continued to build my fruit platter

With fruit of the succulent and thoughtful kind.

So, as I read verses one through four

Of Proverbs Chapter 15, with particular interest

On verse three, I came away with a strong resolve

That no matter what a person might plan

GOD sees the intent of every man.©

********

Proverbs 15:16-17 and 31-33 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 Better is a little with the fear of the Lord
Than great treasure and turmoil with it.
17 Better is a dish of vegetables where love is
Than a fattened ox served with hatred.

31 He whose ear listens to the life-giving reproof
Will dwell among the wise.
32 He who neglects discipline despises himself,
But he who listens to reproof acquires understanding.
33 The fear of the Lord is the instruction for wisdom,
And before honor comes humility.


No comments:

Post a Comment