Monday, June 1, 2020

The Love of GOD


The love of GOD is a wondrous, marvelous thing. When my Momma introduced me to JESUS, she did the greatest thing that she could have done for me. You see, she knew what the love of JESUS that her Daddy had instilled in her had done for her in life, and she wanted to be sure that I had that same benefit. And I thank GOD for the godly Momma that HE gave me.

Momma knew that GOD's love would go with me everywhere I went, as long as I remained faithful and drew breath. In her teaching me about the love of GOD, she taught me to read my Bible. I grew up reading my Bible and exercising the privilege of prayer. Momma knew that as life happened to me, that I would have days that I would feel lost, abandoned, and unappreciated. That was why she told me the stories of the Bible with such finesse that she made the characters come to life for me, her little girl. She wanted me to know how the LORD GOD intervened in the lives of HIS children. She made me feel special because she had me to understand that the CREATOR of the Earth loved and watched over me just like HE did the people in the Bible.

And you know what, Y'all? Because she told me the stories with such awe-inspiring wonder, I would go and read the particular story that we had just finished and ponder over it as I was transported in my mind back to Biblical times to walk alongside David when he took up the challenge of Goliath and subsequently slew him; Moses when he approached that burning bush on the mountainside; Joseph when he received that coat of many colors from his daddy, was thrown into the pit, sold into slavery, was lied on by his master's wife, was sent to prison because of that lie, and ultimately became second in command of all Egypt, etc.

I did not go into all of the stories

Recorded in the Bible, it's true

But what I wanted to do was

Create a thirst for the stories in the Bible

So much so, that opening that Bible and

Reading it was what you would be led to do.

You see, as I traveled in my mind

Over the biblical terrain that has

Been recorded for me to read

I began just to want to read those

Stories over and over just to taste

The power and love of an ALMIGHTY GOD

WHO was victorious in all that HE planned

And as I read those stories, it became a

Part of me, the magnificent love HE had for man.

Then from the stories, I began to venture further

And before I knew it, I was reading my Bible

On my own, without being asked to by my Mother.

And, and, and I enjoyed my reading so much...

Well, you perhaps understand what was driving me

Uhm, I may be doing a poor job of getting you

To want to read the Bible, GOD's word

But, one thing I can tell you true

If you descend into the lion's den with Daniel

And hear the hungry lions' roar

And stand with Daniel after the king's men

Had placed a stone over the door

You will join Daniel and me with glee

When the angel of GOD you see

And with that, I think I will let you be

But, I hope that I have stirred up or reawakened

A desire to taste the fruit of GOD's word

And see if you don't think it's the greatest

True story that you have ever heard

Proverbs 16:20-21 and 24New American Standard Bible (NASB)

20He who gives attention to the word will find good,
And blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.

21 The wise in heart will be called understanding,
And sweetness of speech increases persuasiveness.

24 Pleasant words are a honeycomb,
Sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

 

If you read your Bible, you will find that the love

Of GOD that is mentioned throughout will carry you

Through whatever times life puts you through.©

********

If you do not have the time for reading, then get a tape of Bible stories or the Bible on cd. It will become something that will soothe your anxiety, heartaches, etc. One further thought, you know that the things that you tell GOD go no further, not even across the street. And as always, my prayers go with you in your day. Be safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment