Monday, May 18, 2020

Nearness of GOD



Isaiah 57:15-16 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

15 For thus says the high and exalted One
Who lives forever, whose name is Holy,
“I dwell on a high and holy place,
And also with the contrite and lowly of spirit
In order to revive the spirit of the lowly
And to revive the heart of the contrite.
16 “For I will not contend forever,
Nor will I always be angry;
For the spirit would grow faint before Me,
And the breath of those whom I have made."

Though you know that you should not feel this way, sometimes the unfairness and vagaries of life leave you feeling disillusioned and harboring feelings of resentment in your heart. So, you do like Job and have a contrite heart for your thoughts as you express yourself to GOD.

I Abhor Myself

And, when my heart is contrite

And my spirit is numbered with the lowly

GOD sees my penitent heart

And HE surrounds me once again

With love, just as HE did at the start.

When my night of weeping is gone

Joy returns to my world when

GOD's love is back where it once shone

And I am reassured that all

Will be well in my world again.©

(Based on Isaiah 57:15-16.)

********

IMG_5912

(Refrain in the video is taken from "Everything Is Gonna Be All Right," by the Jackson Sisters.)

Just like the sea, mountains, hills, and trees, and all animals that be, I delight in HIS nearness and faint when HE withdraws! It's that simple, and I am glad that GOD knows this and loves me enough to have put it in the Bible for such times like the ones mentioned above that occur in life. There again, Y'all, I am reminded of the faithfulness and lovingkindness of our GOD, and I know that no matter how unfair life seems, all will be well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment