Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Mantle of Praise



This morning, as I walked on my path through Isaiah 61, verses one through three caught my attention, and before I knew what I was about, I had decided to pick this fruit to share with you.

Everybody has a story to tell, and we tell it every day. The more tough situations give you a stronger story to tell. This pandemic is teaching us all lessons (some new and some reteaching) and giving us a story to tell. But, sometimes, even though we know that we are learning a new lesson or having our faith made stronger, the lesson gets to be too much for us, and we find ourselves downtrodden and running for the safety, security, and warmth of GOD's wings! And y'all know how we do; the thought that we have uppermost in our minds is, "Make it go away!"

But you know, I like to think about the fact that during each of our struggling days, during our tough situations, GOD is watching the whole time, and just like a Momma bear watching out for her cub, HE has arms open wide for our cascade into HIM!" And I imagine that HE gets a bit tickled by the way we burrow up close to HIM as HE enfolds us in HIM loving arms. I like to think that HE is proud of the fight that we put up, in our battle and that HE looks on us with the pride of a FATHER. Just let me tell you one more time how proud I am to be HIS adopted child (a part of spiritual Israel).

So, if your battle has your feeling downtrodden, look at these verses below and be strengthened:

Isaiah 61:1-3 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

 

1The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
Because the Lord has anointed me
To bring good news to the afflicted;
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to captives
And freedom to prisoners;
To proclaim the favorable year of the Lord
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
To grant those who mourn in Zion,
Giving them a garland instead of ashes,
The oil of gladness instead of mourning,
The mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting.
So they will be called oaks of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.

 

And here is the poem that I have penned for you this morning.

 

When this old world broke me down

And I could not stand

I lay my head in the locks of my shoulders

Ran for my FATHER's wing

And let my LORD strengthen me while there

And I came forth telling my story

With a newfound flair

No longer like a tiny pebble

But with the strength and stamina

Of a mountain boulder

With sin-crushing strength

Wearing GOD's mantle on my shoulder

Geared up and strong enough to travel the length

Of the road marked for me.

And don't you know that in my newfound strength

I open my mouth to the world and my voice I raise

Extolling the lovingkindness and greatness of GOD

By giving HIM soul-reaching praise

And saying ."As I told you yesterday, everything will be alright

For day is coming thus ending our night."©

********

No comments:

Post a Comment