Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Tablet of My Heart


As I walked through Chapter 7 of Proverbs

I wondered which piece of fruit would appeal to me

I read verses one and two, and then I read verse three

And after I had finished the chapter

I skimmed over it again and

Found myself circling verse three

And as I pondered over the words of that verse

Sweet words from the "memory shelf" in my mind

Came up, and my Momma's voice read to me.

Proverbs 7:3 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Bind them on your fingers;
Write them on the tablet of your heart.

 

And then, the words of one of my favorite songs

Came up in my thoughts

"It's in My Heart to Serve the LORD"

Oh, what a wonderful thing is done

When the words of GOD are taught

To children at their life's road start

For one thing, I can tell you true

The words sowed on the tablet of your heart

Will govern everything that you do.

Not saying that everything that you do will be right

But when you transgress one of those old teachings

It will be hard to sleep at night

Until you do your best to make things right.

And so, I treasure the sweet memories

That my Momma, in me, did build

Because having her teaching and her remembered love

Help me to be a better soldier

On this, the LORD GOD's battlefield.

You know, people have often told me

That I have a heart of gold

Because often, I try to do things so sweet

That some of them are taken aback

But what they don't realize is that by doing

The kind, unexpected thing

I am giving some of the words of my heart away

As living more for GOD, them. I am trying to sway.

And sometimes, just because they can

People will do you wrong

But I remember that Momma said

"GOD is looking baby; HE's gonna keep you strong

And to help me through those rough times

I hum or sing the words to a favorite church song

And little ole Alma steps on.©

********

 

And so, I am telling you as I told you a few blogs ago, GOD sees, HE knows, and HE cares. So, put your all in HIS hand and learn to trust HIM while you are waiting for HIM to make things right in your life. HE will. Be encouraged and be safe.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment