Saturday, June 20, 2020

Long Hot Summer

When I see people do things that are counter-productive to peace, it makes me wonder why? And too, when I see people do things that cause the wounds of suffering to be reopened, I wonder why?

"But, you wonder a lot anyway."


Is what some of you might think or say


And while that may be true


It still causes me to wonder about


Some of the things that I see people do.


I mean just because today is yours


To command folks who work under you


Is no reason to lord it over them because


You are but a detail like the rest of us


Who the LORD GOD can move down any day


And then like the Egyptians of old


What will you answer when you


Have lost your power hold


And most or all of your gold?


And likewise to folks who've been done wrong


Why choose to hold on to hurts generations-long


Why not give it to the LORD GOD to heal


You of the pain and hurt that you feel


Because all of us have things that


We did not always get right.


Yes, I know the fresher the hurt, the more


Justified and tired you feel about a sore


That aggressors will not allow to heal


Because old wounds are dug in anew


Sometimes it seems, and it makes you


Want to throw caution to the winds


And say, "Never again!"


Yes, there are things that I wonder about


But, GOD has had me learn that forgiveness


Is necessary as Jesus taught us on the cross


As we keep living for GOD  so that our


Souls will not be lost.


Yes, I wonder why Tulsa and why now


But, I keep right on praying anyhow


Though it makes me sad because I know


That we have a long hot summer ahead


And I wonder how many more and what else


Will be counted among the dead?


Asking forgiveness and forgiving are


Necessary tools of the Christian trade


But, prayer warriors we are going to


Have to be busier than ever because


When feelings and tempers run as hot


As the temperatures of our summer season


Sometimes folks are devoid of reason.


Provocation and justification, both, need


The blood of JESUS to cleanse the stains


And the hurt of sin that remains.


And yes, some wrongs cannot be rectified


Just as some feel that they are justified


In doing whatever they want to do


But I stand to remind all of you


We are a superpower in the world because


That is what GOD has decreed


But, that status can be taken away


If we do not watch our actions indeed.


Yes, I know that this may not go down


Well with some and be met with a frown


But, I have a duty to GOD and to you to say


"Let's all cherish this democracy that GOD


Has let be known as the U.S.A."


And remember that all of us are going


To go home one day...


And too, the angels of GOD walk the land.©


********


 

Oh, did anybody remember Covid-19 and the reason


That it may be set to run amuck this summer season


If the LORD doesn't intervene, so


Prayer warriors, let's keep sending up prayers


For peace, love, and healing to come to all the world's lands


And for the U.S.A. to shine its light of peace


Leadership and freedom for our fellowman.©


********


 

I apologize to my regular blog readers for the political tone of this blog, but this, I felt, needed to be said. I just wish that I had the leaders as a captive audience and that I could be heard with my words reaching past hurt, pain, righteous indignation, by right of birth, etc. to say, "Stop it, Y'all;  Handwriting! Handwriting! Handwriting on the wall!" Be safe.

 

Walking by faith

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment