Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Meanwhile: "Got" Haters - Don't Worry About It



I didn't put a final cap on yesterday's blog to my satisfaction, so I will wrap it up with some quick words today. The word, "meanwhile," refers to the time being, in the interim,  etc. Take a look at verse 36 of Genesis 37 and verses 2-4 of chapter 39.

Genesis 37:36 New American Standard Bible (NASB)


36 Meanwhile, the Midianites sold him in Egypt to Potiphar, Pharaoh’s officer, the captain of the bodyguard.

Genesis 39:2-4 New American Standard Bible (NASB)


2 The Lord was with Joseph, so he became a successful man. And he was in the house of his master, the Egyptian. Now his master saw that the Lord was with him and how the Lord caused all that he did to prosper in his hand. So Joseph found favor in his sight and became his personal servant, and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he owned he put in his charge.

But that was not all. You have already read what else GOD had in store for Joseph. I just wanted to give you pause to think about the word, "meanwhile" with regard to GOD's plan for you and with regard to your actions during your longlasting, extraordinarily adverse times. What do your actions say about your faith in GOD?

The word, "meanwhile," concerning GOD, means that HE is ever working things out for our good according to the plan HE made for our lives before we were born.

So, meanwhile, with reference to us should mean that we continue in prayer, thanksgiving and praise for and to GOD for all the world to see. Why, because you already know how GOD rewards the faithful. And you cannot beat HIM giving.

One last thing, look at your haters, whether man or things orchestrated by men, or vagaries of life, as avenues to blessings according to GOD's promise. And yes, that means Covid-19, hard economic times, hatred, forest fires, floods, earthquakes, etc. as working together for your good as you let your light shine and shine and shine! Now, say it with me, "GOD will!!"

And you can say "Hallelujah anyhow!"

 

Plans for Me


When I think about the fact


That YOU have plans for me


It makes me want to run on


And be the best that I can be.


It makes me want to step high


And then step higher still


It makes me want to encourage others


To get to know YOU and always to do YOUR will.


When I think about the fact


That YOU have plans for me


I get a buoyancy in my step


That is easy for all to see.


...Whether through precipitous winds or calamity.


For I know to trust in YOU, no


Matter what comes my way


Because I know that about what


Happens to me, YOU, the PLAN MAKER,


Has the final say!© (Excerpt, Chopping My Row, Alma L. Carr-Jones)


Psalm 5:11-12 


Proverbs 19:21


*******


 

Hmm-m, just had a thought. Could it be said that as go our haters, so go our blessings? Hmm-m, I don't think that I will view haters in the same light that I used to anymore. Well, well, well... Be safe.


 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment